If you are considering starting a business or in the early stages of launching one, this workshop will outline everything you need to know. In this workshop, you will:
• Develop your business idea and planning
• Review the importance of a business plan
• Gain an understanding of the process and requirements for starting a business, including;
• Legal structures
• How to choose and register a business name and entity
• How to obtain an employer identification number, licenses, permits and insurance
• Determining your financing needs
• Understanding employer responsibilities
• Learn about available resources and training
You will leave the session with an A-to-Z overview, and specific tools and tips that will help you get started quickly.
Your instructor, Gail Killian, retired from the banking business after 30 years, with both branch management and small business development experience. She is now an instructor and mentor at the Center for Women in Enterprise.