Our Incubator Program
Our signature incubation program gives food businesses a low-risk opportunity to test, scale and develop without the cost and liability in equipping, managing and maintaining your own commercial facility.
We help members avoid taking on significant debt typically associated with independent startups so you can focus on what really matters: building vibrant and sustainable food companies. We work closely with each member to polish ideas and develop business models, as well as help cultivate customer connections and distribution opportunities.
Food businesses accepted into the incubator program also receive extensive mentoring and immersion in an entrepreneurial environment where they can collaborate with industry experts and peers.
Members don’t just cook here. You are a part of our community, and we look forward to helping you realize your dreams. Within just few years we will help you “hatch” your idea and “fly away” to your own facility.
Courses for entrepreneurs
Our signature incubation program’s curriculum offers members educational opportunities on a variety of critical topics like food safety, business planning, and branding. This curriculum is designed by industry professionals for industry professionals, helping entrepreneurs develop their products and teaching how to run a thriving, profitable business. Regardless of culinary or business background, our program can help any food entrepreneur launch and manage successful businesses.
upcoming maker classes
- One-on-one assistance with licensing, certifications and permits
- 24/7 access to the facility
- Free and low-cost classes and workshops related to food and entrepreneurship
- Cold and dry storage
- Equipment training
- Process efficiency consultation
- Space and accommodations for shipping, receiving, labeling and packaging
- On-staff Registered Dietitian
- Communal workspace
- Private meeting space
- Cooperative purchasing
- Access to more than 80 direct buyers, including some automatic retail placements
- An amplified social media presence, sharing with more than 10,000 “followers” and “friends”
- 50% discount on all event space rentals
- Accelerated acceptance to Schoolyard Market and Meet Your Maker, with discounted stall rate
- Discounted and associate memberships through The East Bay Chamber of Commerce, Rhode Island Hospitality and the American Culinary Federation and other professional groups
- A full slate of business and processing resources such as food scientists, pH testing, recipe scaling, branding, labeling, graphic design, costing, nutrition facts and more
- Exclusive event invitations and registration discounts
- Public Relations consulting
- Discounted rates from Paychex
- A supportive, inclusive environment where all are welcome!
Housed in a century-old schoolhouse on historic Main Street in Warren, Rhode Island, our 17,500 sq. ft. facility is equipped to handle the needs of most startup bakers, caterers, specialty food producers, food trucks and other food and beverage businesses. All food preparation, packing and storage areas are regularly inspected and certified by the Rhode Island Department of Health.
Our Demonstration Kitchen/Classroom, event space, garden and in-house farmers markets provide access to local food products, workshops and training, experiential education, and other community programming. We are a space where food entrepreneurs can share their passion with the community and where the public can actively participate in the local food economy.
a 360° tour of the facility
Space to evaluate, learn and grow.
Running your business is much more than cooking and selling. Members are encouraged to utilize additional workspaces in our facility with as much frequency as you need. Our facility is communal, and we look forward to working alongside you and your staff.
Entrepreneurship is notoriously lonely and often stressful – we strongly encourage you be a part of our workplace community and interact frequently with our team and your peers.
Members can use our online booking module to request private space to host meetings, tastings or even cumbersome administrative tasks. Members are welcome to use our A/V equipment, computers, tablets, printers, books, and other business tools as well.
PACKAGING & SHIPPING
We offer a code-compliant space designated for packaging and labeling. This space is outfitted with equipment suited for adhering labels, shrink-wrapping and sealing packages.
LOADING DOCK & PALLET STORAGE
Our parking lot and loading dock are accessible for trucks up to 50’. With notice, we can be available to receive and check-in any orders you are awaiting, as well as assist with shipments heading out for distribution.
For your convenience, there is access to cold storage space in our walk-in refrigerator and freezer, as well as some standalone units. Dry storage is also readily available by way of pallets, shelving and/or rolling lockers.
What it costs
Member companies hold a lease with us, and pay a monthly fee. The cost per company varies based kitchen hours and storage space. Membership is a month-to-month basis, allowing you great flexibility in managing your growth and pace of progress.
We will provide you with a customized pricing structure for your business once we’ve met and discussed your plans. Please fill out an inquiry form to get started.